Welcome to your B.C. election 2020 voter guide for the Langford-Juan de Fuca riding. Here you’ll find all the information you need on the candidates, the parties, the issues and how to vote.
Want to stay up to date on West Shore news and events? Be sure to subscribe to the West Shore This Week newsletter.
Is this my riding?
The Langford-Juan de Fuca riding includes the City of Langford, the District of Highlands and the District of Sooke, and stretches along the west coast of Vancouver Island to Port Renfrew.
Who are the candidates?
- Gord Baird, BC Green Party (Website, Facebook)
- Kelly Darwin, BC Liberal Party (Website, Facebook)
- John Horgan, BC NDP (Website, Facebook)
- Tyson Riel Strandlund, Communist Party of BC (Website, Facebook)
Your election questions, answered
The Discourse asked what questions you have for local candidates. Leading up to the election, we’ll be publishing their answers. We’ll add more stories to this list as they are published.
- What will candidates do to alleviate the doctor shortage?
- How are candidates addressing racial discrimination?
- How will Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates protect drinking water?
- What will Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates do for seniors?
- What do Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates have to say about defunding the police?
- How will Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates protect communities from forest fire?
- How will Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates help the economy recover?
- How will Langford-Juan de Fuca candidates address homelessness, poverty and addiction?
Where can I find the party platforms?
How do I vote?
- If you are at least 18 years old, a Canadian citizen and a resident of British Columbia for the last six months, you are eligible to vote.
- Voting day is Saturday, Oct. 24, with advance polls Oct. 15 through Oct. 21. Visit Elections BC for information on where to go and what to bring.
- You can also request a vote-by-mail package online or by calling 1-800-661-8683. Elections BC recommends requesting the package by Oct. 17.